"Ragging Doesn't Break the Ice, it breaks Lives, Careers and Families"
WELFARE MEASURES AGAINST DISCRIMINATION AND RAGGING
NITK Surathkal doesn’t believe any type of discriminations viz. gender, caste, creed and dogmas etc. Everybody is considers to be on the equal forefront. We never encourage and support any such socially harmful activities. Gender wise everybody gets equal chance to showcase their talents and expertise in respect of students and staff. Caste and religion bar is not practiced in the institute premises in any means. NITK Surathkal has not been encountered with any major ragging activity till date but still we deal with strict measures to any type of ragging activities reported upon. NITK Surathkal runs its anti-ragging policy with the following measures:
- We have an independent Anti ragging cell with committee members consisting with the faculty, staff members, students and local police. All the members formulate certain rules and regulations and laid down the measures to curb the ragging across the campus.
- A special anti-ragging squad is formulated every year during the starting of the academic year who goes on round across the departments and hostels at different times and check for any untoward happenings. A group of 10 members (faculty & staff) used to be on duty for 6 hrs and then changes to another group which goes 24 hourly basis for the first 2 months continuously. Apart from these all the wardens are always vigilant across the hostels to look after the activities and also the security personals are deputed to all the hostels blocks and all the corners across the campus.
- Anti-ragging posters citing all types of harassment and their repercussion and the disciplinary actions against that etc. are displayed across the campus in various locations including departments, hostels, cafeterias, staircases, play grounds, stalls, and all other major establishments identified wherever students movements are frequent and chances of untoward activity is more.
- Moreover as per the directives from UGC and AICTE about the anti-ragging affidavits to be submitted by the admitted students and their parents as well, NITK Surathkal strictly adhere to that and collect the affidavits during the student’s registration time at the institute.
- Time and again the institute also organize workshop and expert talks on ragging and other unethical activities among the student fraternity.
Anti Ragging Committee
Anti_Ragging_Undertaking_ANNEXURE-I and II
Anti Ragging Poster Displayed Across Institute